When it comes to summarizing a thought or essay for Toronto professors, you must be able to think critically, be concise, and have a certain amount of writing skill. Being a better writer makes you a better reader, because you understand how to find important points. This isn’t a talent developed overnight.
Unfortunately, most people don’t know how to summarize effectively. Our tips will help you to recognize what is necessary to do more than explain, restate, or describe something you read.
Understand What You Are Reading
If you don’t have a thorough understanding of what you are reading, take your time with the text and try to grasp the basic “gist” of what the writer is conveying. As you read content, try to be more analytical. What argument is the author making? What does an idea presented mean to you?
If you like, taking notes can be done during a second read-through. Write down answers to any questions you had on the first reading. Write down the main points the author made. Leave out nothing, even if a point seems only vaguely important. Removing certain notes and thoughts is easier than later trying to remember something that wasn’t written.
Now is the time to thin out your notes. If anything seems less important to your summary, excise it.
Create an Outline
Review those notes and structure the paper based on them. Use key details and quotations where appropriate.
Look for more unnecessary ideas or statements. If an item doesn’t support your argument, remove it. If your text seems too wordy, find ways to say the same thing in fewer words. If your writing seems too short, add by using your thoughts from the reading work. Make sure to save this version under a different title just in case you want to reuse an earlier thought in your final draft.
Review the outline and beef up the main points. Do this one section at a time. Don’t worry about a first draft being “perfect;” there’s opportunity to fix things later.
Check Your Work
Review your writing. Did you make all your points? Are there spelling or grammatical errors? Smooth out the rough edges: Does some writing seem awkward? Read your text out loud and catch more errors.
If you need assistance writing a summary for Toronto for school, college, or university, call Masters Essay toll-free: 1-800-573-0840. We can help with this or any other kind of writing assignment.
One of the hardest tasks in writing a research paper is coming up with ideas. Child Development runs the gamut from birth to adolescence, so there are many topic options. Here are a few suggestions:
- Parenting Styles and Child Development – There are countless parenting techniques and styles, some dating to the turn of last century and others are relatively new. Some include Attachment Parenting, Free Range Parenting, and Helicopter Parenting.
- Early Childhood Abuse and Teen Development Issues – This topic looks at teenage development issues that may arise due to childhood verbal and physical abuse.
- Intervention Programs for Disabled Children – Head Start and other programs offer early intervention strategies and have been proven to show a reduction in later learning issues.
- Childhood Behaviour Modification/Reinforcement – Behaviour modification is proven to help children with autism or with emotional and/or behavioral issues; which programs and reinforcement schedules have the most success?
- Parental Involvement – Research in early childhood parental involvement helps positive intellectual development.
- LGBT Families – Do LGBT families face different challenges from households with parents of different sexes? What do studies show about the development of children raised by LGBT parents?
- Attachment Parenting – Attachment Parenting is one of the newest parenting styles and can increase a child’s self confidence and independence.
Effects of Bullying on Childhood Achievement – Does bullying teach children to become more resilient or are they more likely to give up on their goals and efforts?
- Direct Trial Training in Autistic Children – Direct Trial Training or Analysis is a widely used behavior modification technique used for teaching daily skills.
- Importance of Play – It has been said that “a child’s play is his work.” What are the effects of play-based learning for children and their development?
For additional child development essay ideas or help with other academic needs, contact Masters Essay at email@example.com. You can also call us at 1-800-573-0840.
A classification essay sorts details into categories using a single organizing principle. Each category provides examples and research to support your thesis.
Writing an Effective Classification Essay
- Select your categories and make sure to examine the full breadth of the topic. Be thorough and include every important category, but don’t overdo it (i.e. adding categories that are not germane or pertinent to your subject).
- Use a single organizing principle to classify. Then sort your groups.
- Provide examples. Plan to provide the same number of examples for each category. Save your most important category for last, and, if necessary, give additional information for that one.
When writing your classification essay, select resources with recently-published (within the last seven years) research. You might occasionally stumble on a resource providing timeless information on your subject, but be selective.
An Example: Globalization
Say you wish to write a classification essay on the topic of globalization. Read and cite studies published in peer-reviewed journals, and consider providing the following categories in your essay:
– Globalization’s impact on world aid and trade policies
– Expanded job opportunities (especially for women) due to globalization
– How globalization has impacted your country
Current events throughout the world can also provide information related to globalization. An article about the World Bank providing financial assistance to Mexico with the goal of reducing ozone could be a good example.
If you need assistance with any classification essay, please contact Masters Essay today at 1-800-573-0840. We are here to help you with your every academic need.
Many academic institutions require students to submit a slideshow presentation and discuss a topic in front of a group of people. The purpose is to help students improve verbal communication skills while providing information to several people in a single setting. While grading this project depends solely on the professor, a student who is able to deliver an informative and engaging presentation to the class has a better chance of getting a good grade.
First impressions are key; the speaker sets the tone of the discussion. Audience members decide in the first minute whether they want to listen.
To attract and maintain listener interest, here are powerful ways to open an introduction:
- Tell a joke. Start things on a positive note by making a non-offensive joke and engage your listeners.
- Propose a problem. To get attention, start by stating a current problem that most people can relate to and tie it into your discussion.
- Share a quotation. Choose a quotation from an important figure that relates to your topic. Recite it in a clear, modulated tone.
- Ask for a response. Start a discussion by asking a question like “How often do you use the Internet?” This question provides your audience the opportunity to participate before you continue the presentation. This also encourages them to later ask questions.
- Catch listeners off-guard. A radical statement or command can surprise people. For instance, if you are presenting a topic about conformity, first ask everyone to stand up. Then, ask why they did so. This opens the topic in an unexpected and unique manner.
- Tell a story. A personal anecdote or a tale can be used to set the tone of a presentation. Keep it brief and omit unnecessary details. This, ideally, helps listeners connect to you and your topic as they listen.
Use a visual aid. When you begin your slideshow, allow your audience to comment on a photo or a video in the presentation to establish participation from the beginning.
Choose the technique that works best for you when introducing your topic of discussion to the class. A slideshow presentation relies on both the careful construction of the conversation and its delivery. Capturing your listeners’ attention makes the presentation more likely to be active and engaging. No matter how interesting your topic, you may lose audience interest if you don’t make an effort to captivate them at the start.
Masters Essay in Ontario provides a variety of services for all your academic needs. We are a team of professional writers who can help with presentations, including PowerPoint. Your slideshow will meet academic standards and save you time to practice your delivery. Call us today at (800) 573-0840 and let us help you make the grade.
How many times have you told yourself, “This year I’m going to lose weight,” or “This year I’m gonna start a business,” or pursued some other grand idea that never quite panned out? We’ve all been there. This year, forgo the back-breaking resolutions that make you feel like a failure. Start the year fresh with a gratitude list.
What’s a “Gratitude List?”
A gratitude list is a simple exercise that can pull you out of sticky bad feelings. Take out a piece of paper (or your phone or laptop), and start writing things that are good in your life. It may seem hard at first, but starting out with a small list of five things and adding to it throughout the week can lift your spirits and create a “happier and healthier you.” It might be a foreign concept, but it works.
Why Do a List?
When you’re not feeling content or well, it’s great to look at your gratitude list. When nervous, angry, or scared, take a deep breath and reflect upon the things for which you’re grateful. It’s been proven that people who live in a spirit of gratitude do better at school and in work. A good mood can affect your life tremendously, and help you during difficult times.
Making up a gratitude list may sound cheesy, but it helps de-clutter your head and allow you to focus on the positive. For more helpful tips to better yourself and your future, call 1-800-573-0840. Masters Essay will help you write well, achieve academically, and more.
Confederation changed life for Canadians, both politically and culturally. Canadian poetry reflected pride in the new country and its diverse landscapes. During this time, four poets rose to prominence for writing that extolled the natural beauty and pastoral culture of Canada.
The literary critic and commentator Malcolm Ross dubbed them the Confederation Poets because they were all born in the 1860s when Canadian Confederation occurred.
Bliss Carman was born in 1861 in Fredericton, New Brunswick. After attending the University of New Brunswick, he wrote numerous poems, essays, and commentaries. He earned his income solely from writing and received the greatest international recognition of the Confederation Poets. His collection includes Vagabondia, Behind the Arras, and The Pipes of Pan.
Lampman was born in 1861 and considered the “Keats of Canada”. He was renowned for poetry about nature. His works include Lyrics of Earth, Alcyone and Other Poems, and Amonth the Millet and Other Poems.
Charles G.D. Roberts
Charles Roberts is known as the “Father of Canadian Poetry.” He was born in 1860 in Douglas, New Brunswick, where he was homeschooled and was first published at the age of 12. He lived in the U.S. at one point and served in the Canadian military. His works include Orion and Other Poems, The Book of The Native, and The Vagrant of Time.
Duncan Campbell Scott
Duncan Scott was born in Ottawa and entered a life of civil service. During his free time, he wrote both prose and poetry. He received numerous writing awards throughout his lifetime and was named to the Royal Society of Canada. His poetry includes The Magic House and Other Poems, Labor and The Angel,and Via Borelius.
Canadian Poetry is a Great Topic for Essays
The poets of Canada are a great topic for history, literature, or writing class essays. No matter what topic you choose, Masters Essay can provide proofreading services to help give your writing the best possible presentation. We also offer writing and research services. Contact us at 800-573-0840 to see how we can help advance your academic success.
Achieving the perfect length for your curriculum vitae (CV) can be highly confusing. A quick Internet search reveals that the perfect length should be anywhere between two to 20 pages (not a lot of help). While around five pages is a generally accepted length, ultimately your CV is relative to your experience and the job to which you’re applying. Here are some tips:
Take time to evaluate your experience. If you’ve just been graduated, you’ll have less background and work history and your CV will be shorter. That’s to be expected. Also consider how much experience you have that’s related to the particular job for which you’re applying. If you’ve done a lot of volunteer work that relates to the position, your CV will be longer. Consider the experience your recruiter wants to see.
Know Your Audience
Determine what your recruiter/potential employer desires from a candidate. This will give you a better idea for the CV length. A position in academia will call for an extensive CV (often including all relevant research and publications). An entry-level position at a manufacturing company will not require as much information as one in academia. The key here is to balance what the recruiter wants to see with what you have to show. Give enough information for the employer to request an in-person interview. Don’t overwhelm him or her with information worthy of a novel.
Consult The Experts
If you’re still confused about the length of your CV, consider getting help from professionals who offer CV writing services. They’ll know the ideal length for someone in your field. Masters Essay can help you with length or write your CV for you. Call us toll free at 1-800-573-0840.
A resume or CV (curriculum vitae) can be used as an introduction to an employment opportunity or academic environment. These documents are used as a standardized way to acquaint an individual with people reviewing candidates for jobs, scholarships, or university programs. The pieces are differentiated by length and content.
A resume can be a list of skills, work experience, educational background, and basic qualifications, often listed chronologically and dispassionately. A CV, on the other hand, lists publications the individual is featured in, special achievements, awards, and special honors received by the individual. It often provides detail about which attributes single out an applicant from a crowd of similarly-accomplished candidates.
CV vs. Resume in Canada
If you’re a Canadian, using a CV is often a prerequisite for seeking work out of the country, as it shows special skills and accomplishments that might not be reflected on a matter-of-fact resume. If you’re competing against Americans for a job in their country, you need to show every extra ability and reward that might give you an edge.
A resume states the specific qualifications an individual possesses to competently fit into a desired slot, job or position. While it may indicate if an individual is qualified to meet a threshold of competency, a resume does not elucidate potential for excellence (or proficiency) in the job.
Function of CV
A CV is intended to reflect a more qualitative description of an individual’s abilities.
CV’s are often greater in length. The qualitative information typically exceeds a resume’s list-like structure.
The Big Difference
A CV and resume have separate purposes. A resume is seen most commonly in a regular job search scenario. A CV is used, typically, in an academic setting and highlights academic achievements (e.g. publication, research, and awards).
These two tools differ because they have different purposes and uses. Resume and CV editing services are often useful to help job seekers exhibit the right balance of information in the proper format for a particular scenario. Masters Essay can help you impress your intended audience. Give us a call at Masters Essay today to schedule an editing session!
Tackling a university- or college-level essay can be daunting. It’s especially difficult for those who are new to this type of writing. Advanced education essays require a different style, compared to what you may do in high school classes. Certain specifics and technical approaches are beneficial. Here are five tips to improve your skills:
- Brainstorming for ideas is key. You can’t always rely on your memory to save all your thoughts when brainstorming. Write it all down, later slashing and burning any unnecessary ideas. An integral part of this process involves excising any unfruitful thoughts. Don’t be afraid to do this; keep only the good stuff.
- Your first draft is where the “rough stuff” gets done. Don’t worry about being perfect,;the paper won’t be on your first attempt. Just get your ideas down and let the thoughts flow. You can clean it up later.
- Your essay must have three distinct parts: introduction, body, and conclusion. This is where the technical applications come into play. You have to set up the flow in a coherent way. The body should have several parts. The introduction and conclusion often need only have one paragraph.
- Your paper must have a focused view. No matter what you write, your viewpoint should be substantiated in some way. Say you mention something about the American Civil War. If you have about an opinion about how the South approached the defense of their territories, these views need to be backed up by events that occurred. If the views are not supported by facts on the page, the paper will not work. It will solely be viewed as conjecture, or, at best, an opinion piece. Do your research.
- Be honest about what you are writing. Find a creative angle to draw the reader’s attention. Essays are complex this way. A strong essary has to be technical and creative enough to keep someone’s interest. It’s a tall order, but not an impossible feat.
Master’s Essay is geared to help with your coursework and assignments. Looking to create university- and graduate-level papers? Let us help with technical and creative aspects in all your writing. Give us a call at 800-573-0840.
Case studies are one of the most difficult things to write. There are very specific formats to be followed. Sometimes they can be complicated for people that have never attempted this type of writing. Research needs to be documented so it can be confirmed by someone else at a later date (if necessary). All graphics need to be checked for potential typographical errors and consistency. Writing even a small case study can be challenging, and why so many new writers can benefit from the help of an academic writing service.
Writing a case study has several steps. First, gather all relevant information, sift and organize it to make a convincing case. In a pre-digital era information could be spread out over a huge physical area with note cards, books, reports, and folders. One advantage of using laptops and desktops is that all that information can be scanned in and kept in a single thumb drive or in the cloud. Not only can you work on a case study wherever you wish, it keeps your workspace organized.
The next step is to start organizing in a clear and coherent way. This can be facilitated by a renaming and sorting files, or dividing resources into a few physical piles. By classifying sources into different categories, a better narrative can be developed. Better yet, your directories and files can later be digitally shared with others, giving them easy access to the information. Once this has been done the writing itself can take place.
Using an academic writing assistance service can be a huge help in this endeavour. A professional writing service can teach you how to create any necessary graphics, adding a little extra panache to the study and better organizing information that may have been merely input into a plain-looking table. They can also check for typographical and factual errors. This makes the effort much easier for any person in charge of a case study.
All told, a academic writing assistance service can save a lot of stress and time, making it well worth the investment. For those looking to make an impression on readers, this service is well worth the investment. For those more concerned with the research, help with writing is a welcome relief. Contact Master’s Essay today to get started.